Daniella Chace, MSc, CN, is a nationally-recognized clinical practitioner, author and educator. Her vision is to empower people to improve their health with informed food choices.
She is regarded as a leader in the field of medical nutrition therapy, has written books, columns and patient-care materials, appeared on radio and television, and is the creator and host of the Nutrition Matters, an NPR podcast.
She is also the president of Nutritionist Approved Inc. (NAI), a medical informatics-based corporation providing innovative products such as NutriSigns™ which address shoppers’ health questions via in-store signage, and the iEat for Life suite of applications for iPhones and Netbooks.
Ms Chace received both her Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in Nutrition from Bastyr University in Seattle, WA, an institution considered to be one of the world’s leading academic centers for advancing knowledge in the natural health sciences. Her postgraduate training is in Environmental Medicine, completed at the Southwest College of Naturopathic Medicine and Health Sciences in Tempe, AZ. She is a Certified Nutritionist by the Washington State Department of Health.
- In clinical practice since 1995, Ms Chace specializes in medical nutrition therapy for the prevention and treatment of cancer. Her clinical work focuses on a range of health conditions including memory loss, heavy metal and chemical toxicity, weight loss, digestive disorders, parasitic and fungal infections, auto immune disease, and age-related degenerative conditions.
- Developed the patient-care educational materials and protocols for the Seattle Cancer Treatment and Wellness Center branch of CTCA (Cancer Treatment Centers of America.)
- Twenty books (as author and co-author) addressing whole food dietary approaches to disease management including: What to Eat if You Have Diabetes – Healing Foods that Help Control Your Blood Sugar, The New Detox Diet: The Complete Guide for Lifelong Vitality With Recipes, Menus, and Detox Plans with Dr. Elson Haas, What to Eat if You Have Cancer – Healing Foods that Boost Your Immune System, and What to Eat if You Have Heart Disease – Nutritional Therapy for the Prevention and Treatment of Cardiovascular Disease.
- Video scripts for the films “Women and Diabetes” and “Genetically Engineered Food,” National Health Video, 2001.
- Monthly nutrition columns “Nutrition News” and “Eating for Healing” for WOMEN & CANCER, an oncology magazine out of Ketchum, Idaho from 2006 to 2008.
- Regular guest expert, Martha Stewart Living Radio.
- Featured guest expert on the Gene Delago Show – Perspectives (KSVT in Ketchum, ID). Topics included Shopping for Health, Children’s Nutrition, Sports Nutrition and Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease.
- Guest expert interviewed on the topic of nutrition after cancer treatment for the video series “In-Flight Health” which aired on several commercial airlines including Northwest, American and United Airlines in 2007.
- Creator and host of the Nutrition Minute which aired four times daily from 2004-2006 on KETCHradio in Ketchum, ID. The program covered topics such as food politics and current medical nutrition discoveries.
- Creator and host of the National Public Radio podcast Nutrition Matters available soon to NPR stations and listeners via npr.org.
Recent Books Include
- Superfood Smoothie Bowls (Running Press, 2017)
- Breast Cancer Smoothies (HCI, 2016)
- Turning Off Breast Cancer (Skyhorse, 2015)
- Healing Smoothies (Skyhorse, 2015)
- 365 Skinny Smoothies (Harlequin, 2014)